Wednesday 11 September 2013

WOYWW 223

Apologies to my fellow WOWWY-ers for my absence recently. We are extremely busy in the run-up to our house move next Monday (16th) and I haven’t had time to think about it. The reason I’m joining you this time is that this will be the last for a little while, partly due to having too much to do, and partly because for a week after we move, we will have no internet access or phone so apart from my hubby’s mobile we’ll be cast back into the 19th century or thereabouts – probably a good thing as there will be no distractions and we can get on with sorting the house before Mum comes down to join us on 28th September.

So now to my desk. Yes. I have one at last! Or rather, a continuous work surface for different work zones. I have now unpacked nearly all my ARTHaven boxes and all the stuff is in, apart from a few bits and pieces, but it’s far from sorted! Here’s the main work area, which is the most sorted so far.

01 Work Surface Almost Workable

There will be things on the wall above the work surface and a lot more organisation, but at least it’s starting to look like a working space!

On the right of the desk you can see one of our beautiful genuine art deco door plates from when the new house was built in 1925. I am intending to make a mould from this and cast some more, so that the doors match throughout the house – at the moment these are only upstairs. This will probably be my first project in my new ARTHaven. See my last post for full details.

The builders are still in, and won’t be finished before we move, unfortunately, but it shouldn’t be long before we’re all settled in and getting into some sort of routine. There is a great deal to do so please bear with me as we cope with it all, and forgive my lack of desk-visiting! I will try and visit those of you who visit me but I won’t cope with more than that, I’m afraid.

Next time I’m on WOYWW, we will be in our new house! How exciting is that! See you on the other side.

Have a great week, everyone, and happy WOYWW – click on the logo in my sidebar if you haven’t a clue what I’m talking about, and this will take you to our hostess Julia’s website where you can click and join in.

15 comments:

  1. Hi there and best wishes for the big move. Busy times ahead. Workspace looking good - but what are you doing with my spotty caddy and pink tape dispenser :-) Happy WOYWW Anne x #69

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good!
    Hope the move goes well
    Happy Wednesday
    Laura
    81

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Shoshi! Less than a week to go! Can you believe it? Praying all goes well on the day. Happy WOYWW, kind regards, John-W #58.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the move itself..it's a lot of work gal..great good luck for smooth runnings. I must say from this side it's all looking rather good...keep well amongst all this huh - look after yourselves. Yep..see you when you step back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, Shoshi. Hope all goes well next Monday. Give us a ring or email before you move, we can sort out a time for us to visit you and welcome you to your new place!! We are down your way 27th Sep to 11th Oct.
    It's all looking good!!!
    Margaret W

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! I'll look forward to your next post from the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you all the very best with your house move and look forward to seeing you (and it) when you get in there :-) Take care

    HAPPY WOYWW 223

    Ike in Greece #91 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't WOYWWed for a few weeks, so glad didn't miss this. Wishing you all the very best Shoshi and hoping the move goes well..Gill x #96

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shoshi....almost there!!!! I bet you are so excited. It is looking good and really needs you to be there and creating with all your lovely stash. What a great idea to cast more matching Door plates. Happy WOYWW to you from Helen 65

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy WOYWW! Your space is so nice and clean!
    -Tera #3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you all the best for your move and settling into your new home fully. I am loving the look of your new ARTHaven. Will have to check out your last post for a better peak. Take Care Danie #48

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea to make those molds. I'm sure the result will be stuning. All the luck with your move, I hope all goes well. Best, Suzanne
    #67

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just been for my trip through your building posts. I had more as I wasn't around last week. It's really coming on and would you believe you move in on monday and my girlfriend arrives from England on sunday night, so we are both having exciting times. Have a great time unpacking and it might be good having no phone or internet as you will get so much more done. I'll be running around with my friend, getting her a car and house etc as she has finally emigrated from your cold land to lovely hot Brisbane. Enjoy your move and see you when you get the internet back.
    Have a great time.
    Von #34

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope everything goes smoothly with the move and unpacking.
    Your craft room is looking great and can't wait to see it completely finished and unpacked.

    ReplyDelete
  15. good luck with the move. at least your work space is ready for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...