Wednesday 19 December 2012

WOYWW 185

Another Wednesday, another opportunity for a worldwide mega-snoop at everybody’s work desk to see what we are all up to, and how tidy or otherwise we are! Click on the WOYWW link in my sidebar to go to Julia’s blog and find out how to join in the fun.

Not a lot has gone on on my desk this week. As it stands now, on the right at the front are a few more zentangles on ATC-sized cards ready for filing in my new album – I’ll do another post about this when I’ve drawn a few more.

Centre stage is the Reverend Ernest Bear. I made him for my hubby for our first Christmas, when we were engaged, in 1985. I was horrified to notice the other day that the felt on his paws has completely worn through, so he’s going to the Bear Hospital for some plastic surgery – you can see the material for the skin grafts on the right. He’s having beige paws with little red patches sewn on with a bit of embroidery, which will go nicely with his braces. I notice that his clothes are also quite grubby and due for a wash, so it’s Makeover Time for One Small Bear.

On the left is my Tattered Time album, with absolutely no progress having been made all week. I have got my final small circle punch, though – it arrived from Amazon yesterday morning, so I’ll be able to get on again soon.

Actually this is the reason for such a lack of progress on the art front this week:

I had another marathon clearing session and have almost completely cleared the second of the 3 sections of my huge shelving unit – the first section I cleared a while back, and it’s been demolished. Once section 2 is empty, it will also be taken apart, and these 2 sections I am giving to Wonderwoman, my home help, for storage in her chalet. I am afraid I was a bit stupid doing as much as I did in one session but I got a bit carried away, and it’s taken me most of the week to get over it! I’ve spent most of the time since on the recliner, and have only managed to do a few zentangles, and type up a letter or two to send to friends for Christmas. Duh. I don’t think I will ever learn… Still, I do feel very satisfied with the results of my labours, but now it’s even more of a sweat getting at things as they are all crammed tightly into section 3 of the unit! The floor of my ARTHaven is still quite a mess, and it’s got to be cleared before Wonderwoman arrives this afternoon…

Have a happy WOYWW, everyone, and a great week ahead, full of inspiration and creativity!

13 comments:

  1. What a super cute bear, there! every happy greeting and gods blessing for Christmas too! lotsa love, Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to have a clear out as well - it can be really hard "I might just need this ...." etc! Enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the sort out - can you come and do mine?! Hope Rev Bear survives his operation!! Happy Christmas. Helen, 3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    TFS Happy WOYWW Mrs.C.xx #34

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Bear! Hope his make over goes well.
    Sorry to hear you've over done it a bit. Pacing is such a hard thing to grasp...
    Happy Christmas to you and yours!
    Laura 54
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh poor Reverend Ernest Bear. We hope he recovers quickly from his hospital visit. Happy Christmas from all at The House of Bears. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Mr Bear's operation goes well and he starts the New Year as good as new.
    You have been busy, Shoshi. don't overdo it. These jobs will still be there another day.
    Hope you have a lovely Christmas and a Peaceful and Crafty New Year.
    hugs Lisax #44

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm constantly amazed at what I see when snooping around on WOYWW. Scrolling through your blog to find out about zentangles...pretty cool. Cleaning out is always going on. If I bring in new stuff somethings got to go. Carole 58

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute bear - well worn bears are much loved bears, and he looks like he's been very well loved! I'm having a massive clear-out/change around in my work room too - it feels good to get more organised - I don't use half my stuff because it's either difficult to get to or I've forgotten I have it! Don't over-do it right before Christmas - it's so easy to get swept along with it all!
    Hope you have a happy, creative Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw Ernest Bear is so cute, and I love that he's having a spruce up, such a sign of love. Your ace is starting to resemble orderly organised and sorted..no wonder you're pleased with the results!! ont over do it this week. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, bless that poor bear! He will enjoy having a makeover :)
    You're doing very well with your downsizing - good for you for doing it. I LOVE sorting stuff out and then throwing/recycling. I find it very satisfying!
    Wishing you the happiest of Christmases.
    LLJ ~25 xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute bear!!! A little late getting around but just stopping by to say I hope you have a wonderful holiday! Blessings to you and your family in the coming year. Vickie #100

    ReplyDelete
  13. What are you doing tiring yourself out before the big day. At this rate you won't enjoy your Pud!
    Seriously, have read the post above too and young lady, take heed, do NOT do so much in one day. We want you fit to craft.
    Have a wonderful holiday.
    Hugs, Neet 12 xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...