Saturday 25 August 2012

A Quick Update

Message for WOYWW-ers – sorry folks, there are simply loads of wonderful comments from you all on my blog, awaiting moderation – I promise I’ll get to them eventually but won’t be visiting many blogs this week I’m afraid.

My dad is in hospital. He went in Wednesday afternoon. My hubby spent Tues. night with my parents as he went downhill again during the day and Mum called us again in the evening. They had the emergency doc again in the night, and his regular GP on Wed. a.m., and he signed papers to get Dad admitted straight away. My hubby took him in, and today (Fri. p.m.) we went to see him and he’d just been admitted to the ward after being assessed in A&E. He’s on a drip and looking very frail, but his colour is a bit better. His speech seems a bit slurred and he’s still rather confused. Not sure how long he’ll be in.

Mum coping more or less OK at home on her own but we’re popping in and keeping an eye on things.

GP and hosp. are arranging for proper care after he comes home, and OT assessment etc. I’m very glad the professionals are aware of their situation now, and involved in helping improve their lives.

I’ll be replying to all your lovely blog comments in due course. It’s been a busy day today and I’m likely to be fairly exhausted in the days to come, and not sure how much we’ll be in and out.

Thank you everyone for your support in whatever form you are able to give it – love, hugs, concern, shared experiences, advice, practical suggestions, and above all, prayers. God bless you all.

19 comments:

  1. We're thing of you Shoshi.Glad the assessments have bben done and OT support is available.
    love
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah Shoshi praying all settles down soon for you - take care and every blessing on your ear dad's health and those caring for him, love Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. More prayers on their way .... x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shoshi, hope things improve soon, for all of you. Big crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. No need for apologies, we know life gets in the way of art but yours and your family's health is a priority and you look after yourself and your family and keep us posted.
    Keeping you all in my prayers, and sending hugs from across the world
    Bridget #7 at WOYWW168

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs and prayers winging their way to you all :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear that your dad took a turn for the worse, Shoshi, but I'm glad he's in good hands now. I hope he continues to improve and regain his strength. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hun, Im thinking of you, You know I went through the same thing with mum, hope he picks up soon and you get lots of help with a good care package when he gets home.
    He is entitled to 6 weeks care free, if it is needed when he comes out of hospital.
    Make sure they get it even if it is only a check call just to make sure they are both coping when he gets home, it will put your mind at rest.
    BIG HUGS
    WENDY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending lots of hugs and prayers accross the ocean. Hope to hear some good news soon.
    Tertia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Shoshi I'm not a WOYWWer but I get email updates from you. I'm so sorry to hear that things are so difficult for you. I'm thinking of you all and hope that things even out to a level that can be coped with very soon. I hope your Dad's health stabilises and improves so he can come home soon.
    Julia
    PS. my stamps came from Ryn and they are gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing her! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I worked backwards on the WOYWW list this week and have seen your comments regarding your dear father in a few places. dear friend, I know how exhausting this will be for you, and I know how hard it is not to worry, know that we are all thinking of you and your dear parents. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear your news. I hope your dad makes a speedy recovery and my prayers are with you all Jellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hugs going yours and your family's way Shoshi. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. May the peace of the Lord be with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Shoshi, hoping things improve. Don't worry about blog hopping, just concentrate on your parents - as well as you and your family of course. We'll still be here - keeping fingers crossed that your Dad improves. Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw on Sarn's blog that your dad is poorly so just wanted to stop by to say I'm thinking of you and your family, and praying for you. May you know the peace and comfort of our Lord during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh dear :( what a stressful time, big hugs. X

    Thank you for the zentangle info I'll have a look at that now. X

    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  19. My prayers and thoughts are with you Shoshi. We went through that with my dad at the beginning of the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They are much appreciated. Spammers, please be aware that I read and moderate ALL comments, and yours will be deleted before publication, so please don't bother!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...